WoP:

Really sad this whole Tesla thing is stirring up emotions again. Both sides a bit extreme/biased. Traditional press sometimes very unfair towards Tesla, on the other hand Tesla fanboys can be also very annoying (to a point where I try to avoid certain other Tesla drivers, because they just cannot comprehend, that I "still" have ICE cars and don't intend to sell them). But especially Porsche vs Tesla seems to be totally unnecessary these days as Diess and Musk seem to have fallen in love lately indecision

Back to topic, the Model 3 (Performance) is a great car but not the greatest thing on earth. If you happen to get one in good condition (which is kind of a gamble) built quality is more then enough for a daily beater (the fact this is criticized over and over again is really lame) and the accelerator really feels hardwired to your brain.OTA updates are also great but a double edged sword. Recent V10 updates have really made the autopilot a bit better to use, on the other hand I experience more "crashes" (radio not working, online connectivity not working) than before. Biggest complaint still here in Germany: service/customer care. This is beyond ridiculous. Latest stunt: they only deliver the Model 3 in very few locations (I think currently only 2 in Germany). So you ordered a car let's say for delivery in Frankfurt, but 2 weeks before delivery they tell you to pick up your car 250 miles away because they don't do Model 3 deliveries anymore in Frankfurt. And if you don't like the delivery date they give you, they flat out tell you they will allocate your car to someone else and cannot promise a next possible date. That kind of leaves you speechless.

As I wrote before I also have an e-tron (which I usually drive since my wife doesn't give me the Tesla). As I wrote before this is the most comfortable and relaxing drive I ever had so far. But - at least here in Germany - not much cheaper than Model X after recent Tesla price cuts. The e-tron also has a few small issues, nothing that really bothers me EXCEPT online connectivity: that is just something the German manufactures haven't fully learnt yet. It feels like the Audi servers are down 50% of the time which is especially annoying if you use public chargers and cannot follow charging progress. But I still have hope they will still fix that problem. Otherwise my favorite car for medium distance trips (long distance -> diesel, fun ->gasoline blush).

Cheers, Wolfgang

Yup Yup Yup!

For some reason it's worse than Porsche Car Connect. PCC literally is always online 100% of the time. The Audi app is hit or miss. I have gone weeks without getting the update. But at least my charger has it's own app that shows the charging process, which also happens to operate public chargers too and can also see the public ones. 

Ride and comfort is light years beyond any Tesla right now, don't even need to mention fit and finish and materials used.

Ergonomics are excellent also, no need to dig down menu on a single giant screen to find what you need, everything has their place. 

Regen braking is another advantage. The e-Tron drives like a normal car. Lift of the throttle and it coast down the road smoothly. The transition from regen braking to physical braking is also seamless, this is one big advantage VAG has, they perfected that from the 918. 

Some weeks ago I posted about doing a round trip to whistler, I got 14% charge left driving it like a normal car. I just did another under similar condition but use the lift off regen settings, so sort of one pedal driving like the Tesla. The trip ended up using an extra 4% charge. So VAG is right, coasting and let the driver decide when to brake is more efficient. 

Tesla don't have the knowhow to blend the physical braking with regen braking, hence they 'invented' one pedal driving with lift off regen. It isn't the most efficient way to use energy, as during the conversion some energy is loss. I have to imagine if Tesla ever figure out how to do the blending, their range would increase another 5% at least. 

--