BjoernB:

the way you are going thru cars - in latest 9 month you are bored to death with that garage-queen n have sold it again for something more neighbor-friendly like a 911 smiley

Have you noticed that I haven't gotten myself any of the cars I mentioned/considered yet?

Why? I started to be more thorough in my thinking and considerations.

The car which makes most sense from my requirements point of view is an Audi RS6 Performance, tuned by ABT to 700 and more hp. Perfect family car, not very flashy, very fast (close to 991.1 Turbo S performance) and with a lot of room for the family and luggage. This is what I would need.

What I would want, is an Audi R8 V10 Plus. The new model with 610 hp. Too expensive right now for a weekend toy.

The used "old" R8 V10 Plus (with 550 hp) would have made a sense from a cost point of view and from a weekend toy point of view since it would replace the GT500 (same would go to the new R8 if I would choose it).

Do I need a weekend toy with two seats only though? Not really, especially since I still have my daily driver, the 991.1 C4 GTS Cab, a wonderful car to drive, especially on country roads and when there is nice and sunny weather outside. This car is also fast enough to keep up with the occasional driving with some friends on weekends (we usually avoid the Autobahn, so no problems here).

I'm still thinking...maybe I won't choose any of the candidates but I keep looking for good offers.

No more fast shots (fast buying decisions) just because I am tempted. These times are over. Cannot afford it. Don't want to afford it. It seems I learned from past mistakes.

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)