Not everything Porsche touches and develops actually feels like a Porsche. surprise

I hate to say it (again) but take the Macan Turbo: Drove over 1100 km in this car last week. It reminded it again why I don't like the Macan. It just doesn't feel and sound like a Porsche. It is an amazing product, very fast and with a nice interior but driving it is no fun at all I'm afraid. It feels "soft", it lacks that typical firm Porsche feel (no matter if 911 or Cayenne...), the brake is lacking a certain firm feel as well (in my opinion) and while the steering is direct, it just isn't Porsche, I can't help it. Maybe it is in my head but the Macan is the first Porsche I don't like and keep in mind that we have the top version and basically fully loaded, incl. the sport exhaust.

I haven't driven the new Boxster yet, my schedule just didn't permit it but I saw the car live and I am less intrigued than I thought I would be. For such a radical change, I expected at least some changes in the interior as well but... yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)