TB993tt:
MKSGR:

All this is really a big problem. Who shall buy all these derivatives of McLaren cars. Resale will be a horrible experience for those who are willing to give it a try Smiley

It seems that other expensive brands are suffering similarly, Aston, Lambo, some Ferraris but not quite as severely as Mclaren. 

The 765LT is due out early next year and I have a deposit down for one but I am really torn since as well as the ~£120K depreciation on my then two year old 720 there is no doubt that despite being limited to 1400 units (700 coupe, 700 spider) the new LT will lose £40K as soon as it is delivered and likely £100K or more after a year or so. The smart thing to do is probably to wait for a year and buy second hand but then it is someone else's spec and these cars are so bespoke that a big part of the ownership is speccing it just how you want it.

Apart from the depreciaton my 720S is such an amzing enjoyable and unique car and I love all aspects of it that I can't imagine the LT will be so much better and then of course is it £200+K better Smiley

I have very similar thoughts. The current McLaren products are really excellent to drive. Excellent engineering. At the same time, the buyer base is still very, very limited. So somebody has to take the hit on resale. If they would not launch so many different variants of there products everything would be less problematical. Equally important, you can never fully enjoy a new car if you already expect the better version in about 12 months Smiley