RC:

I heard however that the new PZero N1 for the new 911 is an excellent tire and maybe Porsche will approve this tire for the 991.1 models as well at some point.

Fortunately they are already are available for the 991.1, including the GTS, see Ferdie's chart he posted.

Carlos did not, unfortunately, mention if he uses Sport/Sport Plus or not on wet roads. If the answer is yes, we may have found the culprit. 

Think you missed my earlier reply, I mention that I never use Sport/SportPlus on the wet for several reasons. Like I said, I have driven over 400,000km on 911's and many on wet because I drive them daily, used many different tires, its the N0 tires, they are crap in wet, that is why they had to redesign it completely in the N1 and why so many people complain of the same thing with the N0's, not just me.

My friend with the 991.1Cab4S just replaced the N0 with the N1 and I will be with him in an P-outing in three weeks so I will see what he tells me on how the N1's  compare since he also had problems with the N0s with them loosing traction on wet roundoabouts without even going fast for example.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS