Stop patronizing Piech, he really isn't a good human being nor a great leader. A brilliant engineer he is though. And a egomaniac. I have been saying this for the longest time, even before his death. 

There is zero acceptable excuse for fucking your cousin's wife. It's family for christ sake. 

VAG would have survived just fine even without him. He was one of the issues during that failed take-over, as the end result means he will be marginalized within the company while the Porsche side of the family gain even more control, his ego won't allow that. 

Under his leadership, to be blunt, VAG's product lineup are a mess. He had wanted to rearrange the brand hierarchy to promote his 'babies' so to speak. VW Phaeton anyone? What was he thinking? He wasn't. Audi R8? It's a brilliant car, but because of it Porsche is missing a great mid engine car. 

Had he still be in power, I will not be surprised one bit for him to try and position one Audi product if not the whole brand to be above Bentley. Or even Bugatti. He is that stupid. And also because of the Audi R8, there is now a whole generation of car fans that wanted the R8 to stick around forever, it is after all a great sporty GT alternative to the Gallardo/Huracan.

If I were to arrange VAG, I would have split the company into 2 trees, on one side Porsche, the other side Audi.

Bugatti, Lamborghini, would be under the Porsche side. Porsche takes over all the sports car platform development.

Bentley would be under Audi, so will VW, Seat, Skoda. Audi will be the primary provider for passenger car platform, sedan and SUV. Audi can safely push up market a bit this way, opening room below it for VW to completely slotted beneath it. 

My plans really isn't much different than what they are now ended up with after booting Piech out and restructuring. 

--