I nberry:
CGX car nut:
nberry:

Tesla is in fact claiming the record for a four sedan.

https://electrek.co/2019/09/19/tesla-model-s-plaid-time-nurburgring-coming-back/

Fred Lambert of Electrek is a twit and lacks technical knowhow.  He references a Tesla Tweet stating the Model S can, not did, a 7:20 lap time.  That one word is significant and does not imply that Tesla literally set that time.  Surprised that a lawyer didn’t parse the hell out of that article.  

Read the first paragraph of the article slowly out loud so that your massive brain can absorb and understand the meaning of the paragraph.Smiley 

Read this selection from the linked article:

”Now Tesla confirmed that its own data shows that the “Model S Plaid” can achieve a 7:20 time:

Data from our track tests indicates that Model S Plaid can achieve 7:20 at the Nürburgring. 

With some improvements, 7:05 may be possible when Model S returns next month.

— Tesla (@Tesla) September 19, 2019

Tesla probably cannot say that it “achieved” the record time because Nürburgring doesn’t allow official times outside of specific racing sessions.”

That statement is where I take umbrage.  It is unsubstantiated and mere noise.   My brain is probably smaller than the most but with more gyri and sulci.