nberry:
Whoopsy:
nberry:

Nick, had Porsche indicated early in the development of the Taycan that the market segment they were targeting was substantially over $100,000 (not give a price) how many deposits do you think they would have received? FWIW, I'm not the only one who thought they were targeting the Tesla segment and Porsche never indicated otherwise. Classic bait and switch.cool

They never said any words one which part of the EV segment they are targeting to begin with.

They just said they are going into on the EV segment period. And they said the car will be a Porsche, with Porsche DNA.

Porsches were never a bargain to begin with, for that people flock to the Corvettes and Vipers anyways. 

It was the American internet people and journalists that put words in Porsche mouth that they are targeting the Tesla segment. They all assumed a Tesla is considered a 'performance' car, which washer first mistake, and then think since Porsche is also doing a 4 door EV sedan, it has to be a direct Model S competitor, that's the 2nd mistake. 

A performance car means it has all-around attributes, not just a one dimensional drag racing machine, and Porsches were never one dimensional machines, they are always all-arounders. 

For the rest of the world that don't rely on American press, there was never any doubt about the Taycan not being a Model S competitor.

Nick, you missed my point. Porsche went along with the various predictions about cost knowing that they had plan to charge substantially more. They collected the deposits with dirty hands  because they were well aware that the saps were place a deposit on a car they had been led to believe was competing against Tesla and it’s price point.Smiley

cGX car point you would do much better by being less pedantically showing off you education and saying what you mean in simple clear language.  You have much to offer but your communication skills need “work “.

--

Assume most people are stupid and hope they surprise you.

Nick, you misunderstood one thing. Porsche doesn't collect the deposits, they don't get paid until the dealers pay for the car. Those deposit money doesn't get to them until the finished car is billed to the dealer. 

The deposits collected were for the dealers. They are the one taking in the money and park them at a bank collecting interest payments. If you want to use the word dirty hands, it's the dealers, which is no surprise, as they will do/say anything to get money. As a matter of fact, dealers got the notice for how much the car will cost late May, early June. I saw the actual PDF, specs and everything else. It was a NDA item though. I posted about the Taycan pricing will be slightly less than a equivalent Panamera I believe just before summer. 

Porsche people are awkward people to say the least, they planed something and they will stick to their plans, and it's almost like they don't even read social media as they never react to those. They are like.........shall I say mindless robots. 

They planned the car, announced the car and done. They are oblivious to whatever is said or mentioned. They never commented on whether the American journalists are right or wrong as to if the Taycan is a competitor to the Model S as they don't think they need to. 

At the end of the day, Porsche had planned all along to have the Taycan sits at the top of the EV segment food chain, dealers knows that too, they can't disclose much peer NDA but they could have still skirt around it like I did but they didn't because of their greed. Dealers, not Porsche, is the one to blame if you want to blame the Porsche side and not the journalists side. 

--