schmoell:
RC:
Porker:

It's on Cup 2 R's, a tire on the verge of absurd on a GT3 RS, let alone on an electric sedan. mail

Most people don't even know what a Cup 2 tire is, let alone a Cup 2 R. Smiley

Numbers count, not details. Sad but true. We all know that Tesla is cheating but the majority of people will only see the headline and Elon Musk knows that. He needs the headline in social media, he needs Porsche to be ridiculed for losing against Tesla. It is a pretty good marketing stunt for Tesla and Musk and nobody will really care about details. 

... and certainly has been prepared for quite some time. Some have underestimated Tesla it seems 

I would never underestimate Elon Musk and I said it before that this guy doesn't give up. It just isn't his style and I also highly doubt that he is a junkie as some in the press wanted him to look like, just because he played along in an interview. Elon Musk is a great actor as well, he played in many movies, some people tend to forget. Smiley Smiley

Porsche needs to be on the offensive now, they cannot wait to react to a finalized Tesla record run.

Also, I would do something funny to beat Tesla on their own game, social media loves funny but I'm afraid Tesla will beat the record, Porsche will react in a German way, explaining how Tesla actually "cheated" and this will change NOTHING. On the contrary, social media will ridicule Porsche even further for being a bad loser. Smiley

You got to love the internet... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)