Whoopsy:

If you want my honest opinion.

I couldn't have care less. 

Modern cars are so powerful already that whatever minuscule gains they can find is pointless. What's another 15HP in a 500HP car? Nothing. 

The other day I drove back to back between a normal Turbo S and my Turbo S Exclusive. On paper the Exclusive has 27HP more, I can't feel one iota difference. I can, however, feel the difference between the 607HP Exclusive and the 700HP GT2RS. Heck, the 700HP GT2RS and the 887HP 918 almost feel the same to me. 

Perhaps on a track that little bit of extra HP might show up, but driver skills can wiped that bit cleaned off. If a pro drives the old 385HP GT4 Clubsport and I in the new 420HP GT4 Clubsport, pretty sure I will need more than those extra 35HP to make a difference. On paper I might go faster on the straights, but he could have taken the corner faster and exit faster and that advantage at the end of the straight disappears, very quickly.

what is buzzing my Engineer head is the massive hp raise claim. there is no argument in regards to driver capabilities but I have some concern about a bunch of guys claiming they can squeeze 6-7% hp from these top of the range flat 6. anyway, thanks for your feedback. Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014