lukestern:
Whoopsy:

Porsche hasn't release any details on how long each charging stop is, but I think I will take an educated guess. Say an hour stop each, that makes up the 7 hrs of charging time, they start off with a full charge, so that makes it 8 segments. An hour recharge every 2 hours of driving. So ~410km per stint. The first stint last longer simply because it has 100% charge and the last stint they can really drain the battery all the way down to get some extra distance.

Perhaps about 65kw for ~400km, sounds about right at such high speed. 

There is no way that the car will get 400km on a charge at those speeds. It's about physics and the 2-geared box doesn't matter even if it improves efficiency a few percentages.

My educated guess is that they had about 25 charging stops give or take. Each stint around 150km. I'm pretty sure those chargers are 350kW and that Porsche pulled 250kW minimum in the SoC-window where they can get optimal charging speed. Maybe this is between 10-80%. A 95kWh battery pack (if this is correct) probably have a usable capacity of about 85kWh. Filling up that 85kWh pack with 250kW charge speed between 10-80% would take about 15 minutes. This means they drive about 45 minutes, charge 15 minutes and then repeat.

Pretty impressive all in all and this will be a fab car! Still have my deposit on one so we'll see how this will end up Smiley 

Smiley

Those should be 250kw chargers. 350kw should still be in prototype stage. 

https://electrek.co/2019/07/17/porsche-taycan-250-kw-charging-launch-promised-350-kw/

Dumping 60kw from a 250kw charger at peak optimal is ~15mins. Spot on. 

--