Quote:
PStotts said:
Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
PStotts said:
[It is generally agreed by everyone including Porsche that the 996 TT outperforms the Boxster/911 S. Yet the numbers you cite show numbers that the 996 TT can only dream about. Something is wrong with the numbers.

Here is what the article said about their testing method. "Even with the rear axle trampling violently almost all the way through first gear, the Carrera S could be horse-whipped to a 4.1 second 60 mph run and a 12.6 second quarter mile at 112 mph, slightly quicker than the slightly lighter 400 hp C6 Corvette (C/D September 2004). The old 911 GT3 with 380 horses was but a 10th quicker to 60 and the mighty 415 hp Turbo just 0.2 second. Nominally shorter ratios in the Carrera S's revamped six-spped manual give it extra spurt-ability, but don't try clutch drops with a car you plan to keep."

FYI, Autocar the British magazine had much higher numbers for the Boxster/911S.
0-60 4.6-8
0-100 10.8
1/4 mile 13.2

C&D is known for its unrealistic numbers. The 996 TT would make mince meat of the Boxster/911 S. Be realistic!

All things being equal, their "unrealistic numbers" should apply to all cars tested by them. I am simply quoting a magazine review. All the numbers I quoted came from the same magazine. I didn't compare "unrealistic" numbers from one magazine with another magazine.

I am curious, what is a Boxster/911S? They tested the 911 only. I didn't see any reference to the Boxster.

Since over 1/3 of the Boxster and 997 share parts it is only fair that the cars be designated accurately. The 997 is a combination of Boxster and 911.