reginos:

Porsche might have a slight edge over BMW in terms of dynamics (e.g. brakes) but someone must be crazy to pay the 50%, extra that Porsche usually asks for its models. The 911 might justify some  premium and more so the GT models but not the sedans and SUVs.

The Porsche over BMW price differential is money down the drain really because Porsche is neither exclusive nor rare anymore and other brands like BMW or M-B have improved enormously. It is not as if someone throws money into Lamborghini ownership, for example.

BTW I saw a Lamborghini Urus for the first time today in black and it looked amazing kiss The king of SUVs.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Nothing in the Porsche range really appeals to me any more - at least not for sensible money. SWMBO has hip and back issues that I think sooner or later will bring sports car ownership to an end for us. Quite taken with the latest X3, in particular the  X3 M40D. Plenty quick enough, not too large to be impossible to park anywhere or drive down narrow roads, versatile and comfortable. I actually think it is a better car in many ways than a Macan, and certainly better value for money.

--

Porsche Boxster 981 GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red