Carlos from Spain:
Whoopsy:

Alonso probably have flatten his own balls by punching them himself by now seeing how good the Honda engines have become.

He is a good driver, and a good world champion with 2 of of those in his cupboard, but when the dust settles, he will forever be known as the one that made all the bad choices and bad timing. 

I don't think there has ever been a driver in the history of Motorsport worse at making team choices...

Legendary status for sure. Sometimes I wonder if it's him or his manager.

Imagine in a alternate universe where he kept his mouth shut and just suck it up and drive, perhaps he would have a few more world championships under his belt. 

He was close to signing for redbull before Vettel grabbed that seat instead, that would of been an easy 4-5 championships more for a guy with his unmatched reliability, consistency and allroundedness. But he botched that one too  ... his last brilliant choice is to go with a rookie inept mclaren team to win Daytona and we saw how that turned out. Rumor is he will be doing the Dakar rallye next... I'm betting he will pick to do it on a Tesla 

During his time at Ferrari, he lost 2 championship to Vettel by a total of 7 points, both times having the lead in the championship going into the last race. If only he had performed during the races, then Alonso would be the one with 4 and Vettel 2. 

--