Hi - my first post on the forum - been reading here for a while. Great place!

Wanted to put in my view on Tesla vs the others (my garage includes McLaren 650S, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Audi e-tron and some lesser cars).

I think the Model 3 is a great car loads of fun to drive even in the twisties. And it has a huge gadget appeal which is cool. I see the much touted autopilot also as exactly that - a gadget. Here in busy German traffic, real world benefits aren't huge (yet?). Biggest problem Tesla have (at least here in the DACH region) is the experience interacting with them. They make it as hard as possible to interact with them: Calling a service center - nope - all numbers disconnected. Email them about a problem - auto-reply that you should use the app to make an appointment. Use the app - next appointment in October. You can still call their central hotline, but after an hour with no reply, you give up. As long as they don't fix the user experience after you bought a car, they won't compete with other brands in the luxury segment.

Audi e-tron in comparison: nice relaxing luxurious drive, plenty fast for a family car, very quiet.  Of course, almost any Tesla will wipe the floor with the Audi in a red light race but that's not the point of the car and I couldn't care less. Efficiency: a lot worse the Model 3, cannot compare directly with Model X as I don't have efficiency numbers with my driving style. According to AMS test (who didn't just look at the car display for consumption figures like most youtubers) not a huge difference to Model X (admittedly pre-facelift). Is it important for me? Nope. What is important: had a problem with one of the virtual mirrors (I think still not allowed in US). Called my sales guy (!) at Audi, he arranged everything, appointment within a few days. That makes a difference in user experience. Have to agree with Whoopsy, the touch screen MMI is really not a strong point of the car. But after a couple of weeks, you get used to it and it doesn't bother so much anymore ;-)

As mentioned above user experience interacting with Tesla as a company might be better in other regions. Here in Germany it is currently unacceptable (was much better 7 years ago when I had a Tesla Roadster).

Cheers, Wolfgang