SciFrog:
Carlos from Spain:

No different than the typical tuned hatchback trying to race a Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo... it looks extremely lame, needy, embarrassing and I could not help but laugh at the guy in the hatchback, so would the guy in the Veyron at the EV minivan... it is just as pathetic as those guys reving the sportscars with their exhausts at the stoplights in the city to be noticed.

Now tell us how you really feel Smiley or how you feel about a RRS SVR or a GLS AMG 63 AMG?

And you know that guy in the Veyron? He is probably laughing because he know what the X already in his garage can do Smiley

Why people here see the world in all black or all white is a giant mystery. You don’t have to own ONE car or drive ONE car all the time. Some cars are better for some things, some for others. You might be “lucky” to drive in a place that has good weather year round and that you don’t need more than a 2+2 and that you can have a spirited drive every day going to work. But for the rest of us, there are some great alternatives on the market in addition to a fun toy. Just look at Nick, even him is getting a (beautiful none the less) EV for a specific need (city driving so no need for top performance or range).

Hilarious that you would compare a fast EV, a silent car, to ricers revving up loud engines at a red light Smiley

Sorry but in today’s world, you cannot anymore call yourself a car aficionado and at the same time blindly dismiss where EV is today and the fast pace of progress, or what Tesla has done to the car industry in the last decade. Even for journalists the tide has turned, the only ones left are the ones with an agenda.

I think you got ahead of yourself there, I was specifically talking about a guy in a 7-seater minivan (the fact it is EV is irrelevant) trying to race a million dollar sportscar, the example xander mentioned that I replied to, not about EV cars in general... nothing embarrassing or lame about EV tech.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS