SciFrog:

OK I will take a jab at it. When the software detects an emissions test (we know they can do that) it sprays water on the intercooler to reduce emissions, ie “cheat”... In real usage, this does not happen except when hot and/or at the track smileyangry  Else you would use water often and people do not want to have to refuel water on a $250k car. That would be very sneaky. Very very sneaky, but would that be surprising?

Smiley Joking aside, no. There is no cheating involved (as far as I know), just using a simple solution for a more complex issue which could have been solved, incl. a higher output by using "better" parts. Or let me rephrase it: Maximum gain at lowest possible cost to achieve a "competitive" power output (vs. the 720S). As far as I heard, Porsche never planned to give the GT2 RS 700 hp, this happened pretty late in the development process. Now I shut up.

The GT2 RS is an amazing car but it didn't deserve the tech it got. Smiley I still applaud Porsche for achieving what they achieved with the "limited" resources. This definitely speaks for their engineers, no doubt. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)