JR-550:

Do you really think the car manufactures are going to make special UK editions? Keep on dreaming. If the UK wants to sell to Europe they have to apply to the European lwas. In this case do you think the UK producers are going to make UK versions?

This is not what I am not talking about I am meaning the control of aftermarket stuff. I accept that Germany has its TUV and I can see that it is particularly important in Germany as it is legal to drive at very high speeds so it is imperative that the cars are monitored and using only tested and "state" approved (ie to high, controlled standards) products.

In contrast in the US when I watch Gas Monkey churning out some hot rods which frankly look like death traps but seem to be allowed on the roads they must have much looser rules. In the UK we are probably in the middle in that one can fit most aftermarket stuff and the onus is on the individual to ensure the car is safe  and legal and it is the owner who takes the consequences if it is not and is involved in an incident/accident. I prefer this personal responsibility model and dislike state telling individuals what do.

Companies like Quicksilver exhausts will not be able to sell their non EU approved exhausts to EU controlled countries but they will still do fine as many other parts of the world will buy their gear.

BTW lots of Euro car manufacturers make UK editions already and have done forever !

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

2018 McLaren 720S 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.