Im with Carlo & Grant. My understanding of the car is that it will be a proper generaltional move forward in performance over the 991 generation GT3. 

My experience owning both generation 991 GT3 is that the facelift version was only a evlolutionary movement forward. perhaps 0.5s per  lap for 1 minute length track (PDK vs PDK etc on teh same tyres).

What do we know about the 992 GT3?

We know that the track will be just over 40mm wider at the front and the rear vs the 991 GT3. This makes the car as wide as the 991 GT3RS.

Furthermore we know that the rear tyre patch will be around 13% larger i the move from 20-21". This means more mechanical grip. The tyre will still remian 305 width without doubt.

So with a wider front track we have more cornering ability and with a larger rear tyre patch we have more traction under load. 

Michelin and others will have a new N2 version of the Cup2 for this car. Watch alos Goodyear with their Supersport F1 range and Dunlop are making big improvements too.

The dampers will be updated as per the 992 generation in general. They will likely have higher resolution and smarter PASM. The main springs may be a little stiffer with keeper springs for compliance on the road. AP said so for 991.2 but its not true. there are no keeper springs on my 991.2

For the engine it has already been announced and shown. A key Porsche executive has already stated at the Speester launch this will be the next GT3 engine. It will have 6 x ITM and GPF (luckily not ofr markets such as New Zealand and USA we hope). We have been lead to believe there may be a fractional increase in cpacity by less than 100cc (something to follow the motorsports engine development for 2020).

Power we can see 520PS and 346lbft. The GT3 will have ram intakes that the speedster cannot.

The wheel design is changed. We already see the deisgn in the 718 GT4 announced last week. It is teh same but forged and 20/21 for the 992 GT3...

We have been told by interviews in the press that the PDK will remian the 7 speed unit (one assumes weight, reliability and packaging).

Unfortunately the brakes appear they will remain the same generation as before. Brembo fixed bridge. PCCB Gen 3. 380/380 steel and 410/390 Ceramic. No dount the CL mechanisms will remian the same as before.

We know the good will have the retro creases like the 992 Carrera and before the 991 GT3RS. 

We understand the body will have more alluminium such as the rear quarter panels (currently steel).

Of course the interior changes alot. A new sports seat is available. It would be nice if a new bucket seat design is also avilable (both fixed and folding).

The biggest advancement for the 992 GT3 over the 991 GT3 will be the track, suspension, tyres, chassis and tuning followed by the aero. The aero will have improved downforce by at least 20% over the 991.2 GT3. The power increase will make a small difference, mainly the tuning of the torque to fill out the mid range even further.

Everything above we know is most likely, some definate and some of very high probability. The car will be wider, more agressive looking with many of the mechanical advantages already found in the 991.2 GT3RS by virtue of the increased width, tyre patch, aero, suspension and power/torque increases.

The only thing that will change in the wrong direction is the weight and price, which is likely to be perhaps 20-30kg heavier and perhaps 5-8% more expensive than 991.2 GT3.

Its been indicated the car will have a MT option and there is no reason to suggest not.

So for me the 992 GT3 is very exciting. From 991.1 to 991.2 GT3 I am not so excited. It feels, smells and looks very much teh same as before - there are improvements but they are subtle (apart from the engine architecture which is indeed improved in the gen 2 car). 

The 992 will look different both inside and out and it will perform much better on the track. I would expect to see a more noticeable improvement than between generations for 991. Expect to see a Ring time at 7.00-7.05 with the Cup2 styel tyres (not the Cup2 R tyres that leped the 991 GT3RS go below 7.00 mins).

I have ordered this car and believe it will be announced at Geneva in March next year (2020) for delivery before the end of 2020. I hope to have mine delivered in Europe and do another road trip. I have strong conviction for this car based on what Ive seen, read and also been told in person by a supplier to the GT program.

Im not sure why there is confusion on this subject. To me the formular is clear and already communicated. The Mules are well developed now and have been testing a long time. Next we will see the hot weather testing later this year then the final settings tweaks bfore the car brakes cover in 8 months time...

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 991.2 GT3 Manual, 2017 Alfa Romeo QV, 2017 Macan S