Just in time...

...for father and daughter's day ;) We got up very early to catch the sunrise at Griffith Observatory, but apparently the fog had the same idea haha. I have never experienced the observatory at sunrise and driving through the foggy Griffith Park was so nice. The only people up there when we arrived were the park rangers and some locals doing their morning hike and exercise. Normally during the day it gets very busy, but we got to enjoy it before all the hustle and bustle.

While we waited for the fog to lift the temperature kept dropping and it got to the point where I almost had enough and wanted to call it quits. Thankfully we stayed and the warm morning sun finally came out as our reward. It's amazing how a bit of sunshine can change everything-- suddenly we were surrounded by brilliant colors and it became pleasantly warm. After a few hours of shooting photos we decided to enjoy our packed breakfast. My daughter fixed a picnic of bagel sandwiches, fruits, pretzels and cookies which we enjoyed right next to the building on the front steps while watching everything come to life right before our eyes.

As you probably know, Griffith was used in quite a few movies, including "Rebel Without a Cause" with James Dean and "Terminator." There is a commemorative statue of James Dean as a tribute to Griffith's link to Hollywood and you can see the Hollywood sign from the front lawn as well.

All photo credits go to my daughter! I really love the way she captured this amazing morning. In the photo below you can spot a wedding couple who used Griffith as their backdrop for their photos. The bride was very beautiful; she must have been freezing in her white dress at the beginning of their shoot, but I'm sure their photos and videos turned out great.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS  blush