Whoopsy:
Boxster Coupe GTS:
Whoopsy:

Now for more engine facts. 

For the same displacement, a V12 will have more inherit friction loss than a V8, more moving parts and surfaces. One reason way back then F1 went to V10 as a compromise between piston speed vs friction loss. Not to mention weight.

For NA engines, the only way to get more power to rev higher for a given engine displacement. Going for more cylinders is the only way to get smaller pistons. 

But at the end of the day I don't get this new Murray car, it doesn't seem plausible and possible.

100 cars at at least 2 million pounds each, say 2.5mil. That's only 250mil pounds. Not a lot if the car is completely bespoke with nothing shared with anything. 

The brand new engine is already eating up a giant chunk of that budget. Then there is the bespoke carbon fibre monocoque.

One thing I think I can bet on is that if the car becomes reality, it will only be for Europe and RoW only.

If you might be interested, I hear it's £600k upfront to get on the list... which already includes some McLaren F1 owners! Smiley

I have absolutely no interest in this car. 

To put it frankly it's a bastard. It's isn't a pure GT car, which by my definition needs to carry at least 2 people and 2 sets of golf clubs and luggage. Some sports cars can already do it, like Corvette and 911s. 

And after begin spoiled by race cars, any track focused street car will be a compromise. For that price I will get a 911RSR instead, with the leftover money hiring a race team to support the car. Arguably the RSR will sound better also.

Heck I gathered that the 1/2 million dollar GT2RS Clubsport will run rings around this Gordon Murray car on any track. Or a GT3R for that matters.

That's why so many people are looking to silent, fast Teslas for city driving! Smiley​​​​​​

I agree though mostly. I daily drive and SUV because I can schlep my wife, two boys and crap easily and around town or on the 100km/h limited highway there isn't a reason for much else. On the track I have a fast, fun track car without the limitations of street legality. It's as fast as an older cup car. If I want to go faster on just fun lapping I'll get a radical. It will blow the doors off any million dollar supercar on the track. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region