Boxster Coupe GTS:
Whoopsy:

Now for more engine facts. 

For the same displacement, a V12 will have more inherit friction loss than a V8, more moving parts and surfaces. One reason way back then F1 went to V10 as a compromise between piston speed vs friction loss. Not to mention weight.

For NA engines, the only way to get more power to rev higher for a given engine displacement. Going for more cylinders is the only way to get smaller pistons. 

But at the end of the day I don't get this new Murray car, it doesn't seem plausible and possible.

100 cars at at least 2 million pounds each, say 2.5mil. That's only 250mil pounds. Not a lot if the car is completely bespoke with nothing shared with anything. 

The brand new engine is already eating up a giant chunk of that budget. Then there is the bespoke carbon fibre monocoque.

One thing I think I can bet on is that if the car becomes reality, it will only be for Europe and RoW only.

If you might be interested, I hear it's £600k upfront to get on the list... which already includes some McLaren F1 owners! Smiley

Murray is putting his faith in his iStream manufacturing process to make this car a reality. However, the budget does seem tight for all the systems that need development for the car including the powertrain.  He has done it before so the odds remain in his favor.