TB993tt:

For an alternative view (and I think I've posted this before) I bought a new 991.2 Turbo S and found it quite anodyne sure it was an easy fast driving and the steering was very responsive but it didn't have real feel and was way too civilised to give me my sports car hit it felt like a stodgy Audi, I sold it after 750 miles and bought a Mclaren 570S which ticked all those missed boxes and more screaming to 8000+rpm with the sharpest helm I'd ever experienced including my 997GT2 which has full Cup rose jointing.

The 4 seats is the only big selling point of the 911 IMO and of course the 4WD if you live in snowy countries but in reality a good set of winter tyres on any car will go a long way to offset this.

I may be a slightly anachronistic odd ball however as I still don't really like the auto boxes, sure they can be exciting but as I get older I am doing less miles and do miss the manual gear change, is seems the clutch drivetrain interaction is quite fundamental for my driving enjoyment.

+1  I had 991.2 Turbo loaner for a couple weeks at Nürburgring, Spa, and also just touring around and it was very fast (significantly faster down the straight at the Ring than GT3), but not very inspiring.  I also think a good portion of this was due to the automatic transmission and the ability to just press the throttle and let the AWD computers do the difficult work...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi