Rossi:
RC:

I agree, I always loved the 911 Turbo S but Porsche just listened too much to their business customers (fast but quiet) and not enough to their weekend fun car customers who also want something for the heart, not only the brain. Smiley

Why not build a 911 Turbo RS or 911 Turbo R or whatever? Sad.

I don't think so. The Turbo/Turbo S are the perfect version of the German sportscar. I say sportcar, not supercar. A Turbo is no supercar, it's a sportscar with supercar performance, but it remains a sportscar with all ups and downs. On the downside a Turbo won't give you and all bystanders the excitement of an Italian or British mid-engined car. But the advantage is a true daily drivability, being fast but under the radar, which can be nice in some occasions and that you can leave the car unattended in most situations.

The stealthy character of the Turbo S is definitely what makes it attractive to many purchasers.  Few cars can combine utility with performance like the entire 911 series.  Even the Audi R8 and the AMG GT fall way short in that daily usability when called upon to carry a bit of luggage or deal with less than perfect road conditions.  

As an aside and an example of that usability, last Friday evening I discovered that one of my favorite backroads underwent an extreme makeover with the complete removal of the tarmac.  The car handled that dramatic change in road surface at a slightly elevated speed with aplomb and no drama.