Maybe Luke or Mike can help on something,

today I used 20.5kw of battery yet my % display went from 89.9% to 68.0%. So I am “missing” 1.4kw of energy if you consider the 100kw battery is actually 98kw (102 minus 4 of reserve for bricking protection)...

the reason why it matters a lot because I would like to make 4 of these trips with one charge, and 20.5x4= 82kw so that should work, yet (89.9-68)*4=87.6% which is too close to the 90% battery I have to use (I set the limit at 90% since these are daily drives).

Maybe I read somewhere that the energy usage is only the drivetrain and not all the auxiliary systems like AC/heat, radio or computer running but that seems a bit odd, while the battery % is an actual measure of the state of the battery. Maybe the continuous battery conditioning?

In the grand scheme of things, it is 7% or 20 miles so no biggie but my mathematician and OCD side is not content with this fuzzy calculation. Maybe that’s the 22” wheels difference? But you would think the drivetrain measure is actual, not estimated... This is not the phantom draw either, which would further reduce the real mileage you could drive, since the car was just charged.

Last data set, using the % usage, I still get a real first hand range of 228 miles with that 90% limit and 22” wheels which gives 250 miles vs the EPA rating of 295 (with 20” wheels). And that’s in not too hot or too cold weather. If you apply the same ratio to the ETron, 208 EPA miles become 176 miles, and if you take 30% off for bad winter driving, you are at 123 miles, ouch. My winter range would still be 175 miles for 0-100 so 140 miles for 10-90, which works for me. The 123 for the Etron would be 110 (going from 0-90 to 10-90, Audi might have indicated they already reserve 10% ish at the top, Tesla lets users tap in, Audi does not). Of course that 110 miles range is an extreme case, but people need to know what driving an EV means and the compromises that exist today. The new Teslas are 10-15% more efficient that the number I gave...

In the end, to really relieve range anxiety in any conditions, EV need to get close to 400 EPA miles range. The current Tesla S with a 120kw pack would be there (or a X with a 135kw pack). Within a few years, 150kw pack will be fitted and efficiency will yet increase some and hybrids will be history except for a few applications.