Gnil:

Lots of people are talking Tesla down , since even before they started to build cars . Non stop , right from the start of the project .  Remember how it went went the company became public , what analyst used to say , what other manufacturer  used to say ......  and it has not stoped since .  According to those , the company should be dead every 3 month for the last 10 years .

It is still the same now .

And look at how much people on this forum write about Tesla  . They spend so much of  their words , time and energy talking about a car, company , that they do not like, think it will go bust , makes no sense etc....  while hardly posting anything about sports cars, or Porsche . What does it say ? 

I have no Tesla and have no intention to buy one .

But , I do recognize what Tesla has achieved . That it has been a game changer in many ways, that they do shake up the industry, that their cars are the only EV that work properly . Just look on the streets . There are no other EV around . 

They came from nothing , to be a car company that we see everywhere . This a hell of an achievement . No other car company had done that in the last  ( how many years ?? )  or the ones who tried , went down very quickly . 

One can not deny the enthusiasm of the general public about these cars . In my part of the world, people are more exited about the model 3 then any new Porsche .  Talking about the general public, not we , the 3% ones that are into sports cars .  

Model 3 is now all over the place here .  As I mentioned before , in even remote parts of the world, limousines at '' window places ''  are not Mercedes S class , or 7 series, they use Tesla X  . Why so ?  Because they are considered much cooler at the moment . 

It is not about build quality , or extreme  performance , it is because of  the approach , the mind set , the trend  etc... that they are liked and considered . 

A Tesla S , or X is not better looking or worse looking then any other SUV or Mercedes E, or 5 series, or other sedan . 

They do not drive worse ( or not much worse )  or better in any normal suburban usage . 

They do accelerate stronger though . 

It often amazes me about all the argumentions I see on this board . So much theory .  But maybe people just like to debate for the pleasure of debating , and if that is the main reason to write all these posts, spend all this time and energy , and actually there is no real connection to the real world,  then that is ok too  

You know, I have never seem a higher density of Tesla outside of California except Switzerland. It's like the perfect car for the anti-car culture of those Swiss people. And they all seems to set their cruise control to 2km over on the highway.

--