keithw:

Carlos, so far Tesla has not failed to deliver the cars people order and deposits have been refundable. I was told this is a high-end car forum, and surely you are aware that the highest calibre products in the automotive world require large deposits long before the cars are ready. The hybrid Mercedes One and Aston Martin Valkyrie required enormous deposits and still are not in production.

Tesla did not force anyone to place a deposit. People willingly did so for reasons of their own.

Wow, never thought I'd get to see that, comparing Teslas to the Mercedes One or the AM Valkyrie Smiley.... yet it was you that criticized Audi for their sales model for the E-Tron when Tesla barely has dealerships with stocks to begin, with and takes deposits for cars that don't even exist, which is the big difference to the One or Valkyrie, or even the Taycan which also requires the deposit BTW.

Personally I don't see a problem with deposits, but for cars that are in development and with a date, not a cash grab to finance the company, like Tesla with the Roadster.

Out of curiosity Keith, so we know were you are coming from, what is or has been your relationship with Tesla? employee, owner, or neither and just a fan?

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS