Whoopsy:

There is absolutely no turbo lag, especially in PDK Sport auto mode. The acceleration in gear is just explosive to say the least on track. Trakcar was follow me on the GP circuit, his car is sorted and corners harder, but every corner exit he turned into a small dot until the next corner where he pulled closer, repeat for the whole lap. Actually for the whole session.

Boy this car is a monster on track. The wide RS chassis combined with the excessive HP is absolutely FUN!!! First lap out of the pits I went into the 1st corner a bit hot, at that moment I thought I was in my Cup car and did a Cup car speed turn, not a problem with the car, just a tad of wiggle, nothing dramatic. 

As for autobahn, cruising in 7th gear, and the the unlimited sign appears, quick step on the throttle means the car down shift to whatever gear is necessary then everyone around me disappeared into tiny dots. I can confidently say once the car is going, it accelerate harder than the 918. If there was ay lag, the downshift took care of that QUICKLY. There is no pause, flat spot in the acceleration curve. Think we touched 320km/hr on the way to Amsterdam from Leizpig last week. Today we drove back to Stuttgart from Nurburgring, we went above 300km/hr again in like no time. 

And as for the water tank. Well, when I left Leipzig, the water tank sensor is having problem, it kept reading it low. We double checked the tank is full. I left it at that. At Manthey when they installed their water tank, the tech on the new shop noticed the sensor error and thought he did something wrong. I was at the lower old shop chatting with my old crew and it was actually a known problem, at the factory the some of the sensors was installed 'dirty', grease, it just need a cleaning and I went back to the new shop and let them know it was't their fault. I am gonna let my foreman sort it out once it get back to Vancouver. Over 2 days at the Ring the car didn't use a single drop of water, the Manthey tank is still full. Granted it wasn't hot, Monday was sort fo cold and so is Tuesday. 

The current female Ring Taxi driver Celia is a friend, I had her drove me around in the GT2RS at HER pace. Boy was that wonderful. Think my GoPro was running but I have to check to make sure.

And for your final question, do I miss an NA engine. Absolutely nope!. While this thing does't have the 9k high pitch wail of a GT3 or GT3RS engine, it is wonderful sounding by itself and also loud enough without the sport exhaust active, activating it means adding drone to the interior, and louder at idle, which I can do without.

I can actually say an NA engine has more lag. If I am not in the right rpm range I have to wait for the engine to go 'on cam', the GT2RS engine is pretty in power range at any rpm. 

The GT2RS is stupidly fast, in inexperienced hands, it is dangerous to the driver AND everyone around it. I think I am a decent driver, and I felt wonderful trying to let it loose. Oh, it chirps tires inn 2nd gear on highway onramps, would be a problem if the car is not pointing straight, it also chirps the tires in 3rd gear at full throttle, had that happened when I hit the unlimited sign and went for it. Slight wiggle, nothing dramatic.

I have to say, the GT2RS right now is the pinnacle of Porsche 911. The Speedster or the 911R is a distance also ran.

Thanks a lot for this detailed report Smiley. This certainly was a lot of fun. Maybe I'm lucky and someone shows up with a GT2RS next week. Re the "drone noise" I can say, that my 991.2 Turbo S has the same in Sport mode. It seems to be caused by the sound symposer and I hate it. Anyway, keep it save and since you are divorced the GT2RS can no longer be a "Witwenmacher"  Smiley