Quote:
RC said:

Another big surprise: the engine feels much more powerful than the 997 Carrera S engine. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the Tiptronic somehow always chooses the right gear on a logical basis and therefore "covers" pretty good any power or torque gap which might exist, especially compared to the Carrera S. I also mentioned that the Carrera S needs high rev figures above 4000-5000 rpm to be and feel fast, the Carrera seems to be more torque oriented and in combination with the fabulous Tiptronic reaction, it results almost in a perfect combo.

amazing rc ,before i took my 997s and after i sold my 996tt i had a 2 month gap ,in which i bought a manual 03 996 carrera(pic attached) ,and i was amazed by the performance ,really,after i took delivery of the 997s ,i directly noticed that the 997 had a "gap" between 3500 and 5000rpm,after that its a missile,but i said to myself its maybe because the engine is still new .but the 996 had a better torque feeling and is linear from the beginning till the end .to get performance with my s you have to stay above 5000 like you said ,not annoying when you get used to it ,but i also liked that torque feeling on the 996..