RC:
Whoopsy:
RC:
SciFrog:

For the record, I am not a proponent of hybrids but they do make sense in a high end performance application, certainly in the 918, less clear in the Panamera E-Hybrid turbo S which already has a lot of torque with turbo engines.

Fuel consumption and emissions (on paper). It makes sense.

Sorry but I have yet to try a properly tuned mild hybrid so that it makes sense, with the Cayenne E Hybrid as an example of how useless the tech is today (not good performer fuel usage).

Many new cars use mild hybrids...better acceleration from a stop and better torque figures at certain revs.

Performance too.

550HP in the regular Panamera Turbo seems a lot already, but the Turbo S with the 680HP hybrid drivetrain BLOWS the regular Turbo out of the water completely. It's 2 completely different car.

Here is the funny thing, on track, one drives the hybrid more like a NA car, as the instant electric torque gives it instant throttle reactions, no need to spool up. Driving the turbo means standing on the gas a fraction sooner to build the boost.

And still...my E63 S without a hybrid system is faster... Smiley OK, granted that Mercedes is a bit conservative about their (stock) power figures (to say at least) but in the case of the Panamera Turbo S, I really don't see much of a (performance) advantage, more of an efficiency advantage for such a powerful car. 

How much fuel does your Panamera Turbo S eat when you push it hard (I know it is difficult in Canada)? When I drive my E63 S in Individual mode (everything set to Sport+, just engine response to comfort), the car consumes around 16 l / 100 km on average. When I drive the car in Sport+ mode, I easily hit over 26 l / 100 km. Not really fun. 

Fuel usage is a moot point now, with all these people switching over to EV and stuff, I will not let their fuel quota go to waste! Smiley

I hardly push cars on the street, got a track for that. But for my daily usage, which is basically 100% city, the Cayenne Turbo S will do around 17l/100km, I imagine the Panamera Turbo S with the smaller engine, even in gasoline mode only, will do perhaps 15-16l/100km. The 918 can do perhaps 5l/100km if I use it in hybrid mode, 14-ish l/100km in gasoline mode, so in hybrid mode I think the Panamera Turbo S will do maybe the same 5ish l/100km?

My Aston is a pig, it averaged perhaps 24l /100km, the Exclusive do around 15-16l /100km for comparison, which is nice consider the Golf R with the much smaller engine still needs 14ish l/100km. The 911R does around 17l /100km, the 4C I think is 13l /100km. My Honda Ridgeline had been doing 13l /100km.

--