Mithras:
Whoopsy:
lukestern:

For me it is the direct opposite and I just can't see the point with hybrids. Either get an EV or otherwise get a petrol car.

I enjoy the flexibility of never having to fill up my car and always wake up every morning with more than enough range to cover my daily needs. It's such an eye opener when you get used to it, but to understand you need to experience it for a few weeks. You need to have really extreme driving patterns to not gain the benefit if you have the ability to plugin overnight or at work at least a few times per week or even better having a  wall charger in your garage and being plugged in every night.

I'm sure we will see many positive reports in here from coming Taycan owners when they start to realize the real world benefits and experience the instant torque in an EV. When these positive words are coming, the ball will start to roll faster.

you know, if you are not blinded by the EV novelty and step back and take a look at the big picture, you will realized you actually lost all flexibility. You are forever tied to the wall socket.

A hybrid gives you the flexibility of either filling up at a gas station or plug it in at a charging station or charging at home.

With a hybrid, I am not required to plug it in at least a couple times a week, I can go years without plugging it in, or I can do that’s every night, the choice is mine, not the car’s. With a EV you have become a slave to it, when it tells you to plug him in, you HAVE to obey. You do not have a choice anymore. Just like ICE cars, they tell their drivers when to fill up and the driver has no choice, 

A hybrid gives the choice back to the driver.

Vs being forever tied to a gas pump? There are way more electrical outlets then there are gas pumps... Or we shoudl all go back to driving Stanley Steamers! Water is everywhere and just use wood to heat it!

ICE engines are forever tied to a gas pump, just like an EV is forever tied to a socket, hence why hybrids make sense. 

There was way more gas stations than charging outlets and it takes way shorter time to gas up than to charge up.

Hybrids is the current king, best of both worlds. But in the future where technology can catch up and charge up a car fully in about 200 seconds, then a pure EV make more sense, but only inn places where electricity is renewable.

--