Whoopsy:
SciFrog:
Whoopsy:

Initially I had a deposit for the Taycan, I thought finally I can buy a decent EV.

But after ordering the Panamera Turbo S, I canceled. The Panamera just does everything better no matter the metric.

EV is still in infancy an I don't need the 'cool' factor to have the first cars.

Taycan will be in it's first generation, Porsche will fix whatever is wrong with the .2. I can wait for the .2.

You made the right decision. With our other cars in your stable and your perceived use of the sportiness in your cars, range would be a huge issue if your push these enough to have fun. For that application, EV are not ready.

Optioned correctly, a Taycan “Turbo S” for $160-180k that will indeed be the best EV currently on the planet when it comes out, but that to use properly will have less than 100 miles of range, and will be obsolete after a couple of years is a tough proposition for anyone.

A sport EV should have a minimum of 150kw battery, and probably more like 200kw if you intend to drive some distance.

It's more like EV does't make sense period.

With my e-Hybrid it ca do everything Ann EV can do, plus more, and without the need to find a charger,

I can still plug it in like a EV, but I have the flexibility of NOT plugging it in and can refill the car with gasoline.

As I said before, a hybrid is the best of both world right now.

For me it is the direct opposite and I just can't see the point with hybrids. Either get an EV or otherwise get a petrol car.

I enjoy the flexibility of never having to fill up my car and always wake up every morning with more than enough range to cover my daily needs. It's such an eye opener when you get used to it, but to understand you need to experience it for a few weeks. You need to have really extreme driving patterns to not gain the benefit if you have the ability to plugin overnight or at work at least a few times per week or even better having a  wall charger in your garage and being plugged in every night.

I'm sure we will see many positive reports in here from coming Taycan owners when they start to realize the real world benefits and experience the instant torque in an EV. When these positive words are coming, the ball will start to roll faster.