The ETron might just have gotten a real heap of trouble:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-audi-e-tron-suv-range-on-sale-date-released/#ftag=CAD590a51e

EPA has just rated the car with a 95kw battery at 204 miles range. To compare, my X is rated 289 miles with a 100kw battery, despite being larger and seating 7. The IPace 234.

I would never have bought a car with such a small range, because the EPA rating is under controlled conditions and real life will be worse, let alone when it will be hot or more importantly very cold.

Plus at $75k base price (with no options, the base X already has all the premium interior) it will be a hard sell for what in truth is just an Audi Q5, with a base price of $43k...

Can’t wait to see what the real life range of a sport tuned EV like the Taycan will bring (let alone its vapor ware price).

PS: some quick math, the X is rated at 340kw/mi and the ETron 409kw/mi. In real life, I drive at 400, which would give the ETron a 481kw/mi equivalent. The article says the ETron is limited to 83.5wk, that’s 173 miles (and that assumes you drive the car to 0%), and in perfect weather. If you reserve the bottom 10% like any sane person would do, your range drops to 153 miles. That’s really tight... Personally if I went to work and ran a couple of errands, I would be out of battery...