The problem of Porsche prices is actually even worse than just looking at the explosion in MSRP. The resale values have not followed. The used car market tells you everything you need to know about how overpriced certain cars are. For example I lost only $30k on my 911 C4C over 4 years, but I lost $90k on the Cayenne TTS over the same time frame. You can easily loose $100k on a 911 TTS or high specced Panamera. And that is on top of very expensive maintenance especially for brakes and tires (I spent $18k in 4 years on the Cayenne TTS not counting normal services). The value proposition of the past has just evaporated expect for GT cars (but that’s because you cannot easily buy one).

Also like RC mentioned Porsche is getting caught up by the competition on performance but also interior quality. The new interior of the 992 for example is nothing to write about in 2019, and it will stick for the next 7 years, ouch... Plus a lot of new tech is being introduced but since the cars are not updatable, people hesitate to spend huge sums of money. And it will only get worse as we get closer to level 4 autonomous driving.