Rossi:
RC:

Also, why should I lie: The Performante is actually the first Lamborghini I considered, even if the Aventador was always a dream of mine from a visible tech point of view. This car is just a beauty, so pity is has that crappy gearbox. Smiley

The Performante isn't less beautiful IMO, it even has the better, read: more cohesive design, at least compared to the Aventador SV / J. Basic Aventador S is a work of art, that's true.

The Performante is in my opinion the first "serious" Lamborghini sports car, it completely changed the perception of the brand and it was a good decision. If Lamborghini would have added 60 horses more, it would have caught the attention of current 720S buyers as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't much different 10 years ago, power was everything. 

The SVJ is an amazing car, no matter if it wins drag races or not but even the fantastic Nordschleife record time cannot hide the crappiness of the gearbox. I think Lamborghini should have taken some (development) money into their hands to offer a DCT for the Aventador S facelift and the SVJ. They didn't. Now their fabulous 770 hp SVJ cannot beat the 720S in straight line, even with 50 hp more, which is a pity. I know, the weight but a DCT instead of the current gearbox would have made a great improvement.

Also, last but not least: There aren't many "emotional" sportscars around anymore and the Performante is one of them. I would name the 991.2 GT3 RS as well in the same context but afterwards, the "air" gets thin, there aren't many other cars and if there are, they aren't in the same performance class (Aston Martin) or the same price class (Koenigsegg and others).

Why Lamborghini drivers track their cars less than for example Porsche drivers? Well, in the case of the Performante I think there aren't so many around (only 1200 or 1300 Coupe were/will be built according to rumors) and the regular Huracan (before the Evo) wasn't exactly known as a track car. The Aventador SV is way too expensive to risk damaging it on the track, same goes to maintenance and repair cost. First service is almost 4000 EUR, the bigger one around 8000-10000 EUR. Double ouch. 

The GT3/GT3 RS has always been quite the bargain for what it offers on the track and I think sports car lovers around the world know that. I consider the Performante to be the more exotic brother of the GT3 RS. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)