Whoopsy:

I think you underestimate a lot of customers. People will compromise a little in size to get the benefit of driving a Taycan instead of a Panamera with yesterdays tech. I think we will see dramatic changes quicker than you can imagine. But let's see who's right in a few years, I know we will never agree on this today so no idea to discuss this further. I have my stand point and you have yours. And that's perfectly fine Smiley

As a EV fanboy you are over estimating the attraction of EV.

Getting a bit bored of that "fanboy" thing. But ok.

The 2 cars are difference sized period. They are aiming for different segment. 

You are thinking they are the same size so you use a 5 series diesel vs a 5 series gasoline. Actually not just you, but every other Tesla fanboy thinks the same way. That Porsche is killing it's own product with another to deflect the issue that Taycan is aiming squarely at the Model S, well slight above to be exact. 

I can assure you that many customers who bought the Model S did compromise to get onboard the EV train and get into a Tesla. A lot of them wanted a SUV or a smaller car, but bought it anyway, because it was the only choice.

Taycan is the first EV from Porsche and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people who like Porsche will compromise in the same way that early Tesla buyers did. There will be Model S owners buying a Taycan, in the similar way that there are Audi RS6 buyers getting a BMW M5 instead if the M5 is updated and get more new tech before next gen RS6. There is always an appeal to try something new.

When the Taycan is out, Tesla probably announce a new updated Model S  that will appeal to some of the tech/family people who doesn't care about if the car can lap NBR or not and just have the connection to the Porsche brand.

There is a market for Model S, Taycan and whatever other car in the same segment that will come to market in due course. If there was no market, there would be no competition. The billions of investments from the German companies into EVs will benefit Tesla sales in an exponential growing market.

Model S is probably a bigger car better suited for a family than the Taycan. So not direct competitors in that sense.

Panamera is a giant car, Taycan is not, I had them side by side in Weissach. The size difference is basically a E vs a S. Completely different segment, Only thing they have in common is the badge and 4 doors that's about it.

Panamera is quite small inside. Sits 4 adults and have a rather tiny luggage compartment for the size of the car. Not the best family car which is why the Taycan may compete quite well in interior size with the Panamera.

But if you insist that kind of logic, then the Model 3 should have killed the Model S isn't it? Newer car Smiley

Actually the Model 3 is probably steeling some Model S sales. The 3 does have a lot of newer tech that the Model S lack, which is why Tesla really need to launch an update of the Model S.