the-missile:
blueflame:
I the-missile:

What happened to this gorgeous 964RS? This is my dream 911.

I sold the 964 RS in 2016 for top money after 22 years of ownership - why?  At that time I had good use for the money with a business-project and I always said, that this car is not a 100K€-car...after the price doubled again, it had to go...

Blueflame

Smileygood to know that you don't even qualify it as a 100kE car. please explain your point of view.

In the 1990th I used the 964 RS as a DD and for a lot of track days - at that time nothing else even came close to it. I thought about changing to the 993 RS, but this car was not very much better than my car, as I could still follow the boys, even with the big clubsport wings.

In 1999 I drove for the first time the 996 GT3 at Spa  -  Boy this car was so much better on track and way faster - then came the 997 GT3 and RS - these cars again were so much better to drive.

At one point you could buy a used 997 GT3 RS for the same money as my 964 RS, close to 100k€. Then I said, my car is not a 100K€ car, but the 997 is...

I´m not a collector, I love to drive my toys...and I had the luck to sell the 964 RS for way over 200k€. It was a one owner car, accident free, first paint, Porsche Classic serviced with 29.900 Km - a collectors dream...

As Mikla wrote - If you want the 964 RS experience - buy a 1990 964 C2 and install a new suspension, cup exhaust, chip it and then you can enjoy it without the fear of loosing the value of a real RS.

Blueflame