I had a chance to see and sit in the 992 for the first time today at the local Porsche  Centre.

I found the car overall appealing for a friend of the Porsche 911. The car on display was in Carrara white with RS wheels and glass roof. A good combination IMO. I liked the design of the wider front wheel-arches, and the rear lights and the third (twin) brake light angryin combination with the rear engine grille.

There is a large expanse of black unpainted plastic front and rear. It looks of better quality than the plastic on the nearby Macan but still too much for an expensive car. The front could be swapped for the Sport Apron that would mitigate matters. The rear looks better with the sport exhaust IMO

The inside is mishmash and not sporty at all. The rear accommodation is still limited and the rear headroom is even worse than before.

From the driver's seat it appears to be a very wide car and this would require a lot of caution when driving on narrower twisty roads.

Visually this model hasn't ignited a desire to spend the lots of €€ asked for by Porsche. It is like another remake of a classic movie smiley Driving the car might change my perspective however.

20190309_095953.jpg

992.jpg

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"