MKSGR:
Leawood911:
MKSGR:
xander71:

Guys tesla has nothing to do with car business as we know it...they are inventing all from scratch....the others are like old dinos.....

You could also say: they are a startup failing.

Compared to other auto makers?  You have to be kidding.   I’m a car guy and I hate dealerships. I would buy a Tesla now just to avoid a dealership.   I really don’t get the haters. Head in the sand and all that. I get it but seriously. It is the best car company I see on the horizon.  Just my humble O and I could be way wrong of course but some of the negative  speculation is just hilarious.  Is everyone short?

My main reasons to visit the dealer: check out exterior colors, leather options, other details/options of the car. You can sit in the cars, walk around them. Then they offer after-sales service. 

As (expensive) cars are always an emotional decision I doubt dealerships will vanish within the next 30 years. But I am not sure if Tesla is still in existence in 3 years. They are in the process of accelerated decay it seems. Closing all dealers, reducing prices by 10% overnight... Pure despair. 

One minute order on the phone. They bring it to you for a one week 1000 mile test drive. What is it you want to do in the showroom again?  Look at the color and leather for a few minutes?  No leather. Sorry. It is just a new world. Less fixed costs. Some stores will remain open as mentioned.  I don’t get the downside. They will have service locations but most service will come to you. Again - sounds all good to me. If I find a way to save money don’t assume I’m going broke and grasping at straws. Assume I am smart and will continue to do smart things. I have not see too many dumb  Musk moves.