nberry:

The 20kg difference would be important to a professional driver. At our level its irrelevant.Smiley

Also, when an amateur driver tells me he or she can feel a 40lb difference on a car that weights 3250lb, they have my respect but would raise the issue of credibility.Smiley

You must have nightmares regarding me owning a RS.Smiley

Walter Röhrl can't feel 20 kg weight difference (I asked, it was about the saving weight by not choosing A/C and PCM) but that's a different story... Smiley I can't feel 20 kg weight difference either (oh wait, I can feel it when it is in the trunk because of the weight distribution) but if it would be evenly spread, I doubt it. You can feel 20 kg unsprung weight difference, that's for sure as well.

I always recommend putting money in (pro) driving ed events, they are better than any weight saving/chassis adjustment measures. 

However: I do not know blueflame and his driving skills, so it makes no sense to discuss this any further. If he already optimized his driving skills, going deeper into weight saving and chassis alignment stuff certainly makes sense. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)