crayphile:
the-missile:
I would get a R anyday over a touring. the R can have Single Mass Fly Wheel and the car is full of exotic material. The touring is indeed nothing less than castrated GT3, pointless.

The Touring is no substitute for a 911R but I would not go that far, mon amis. I have a number of knowledgeable petrolhead acquaintances who can't see the fuss over the R and swear that the 4L engine in the Touring is much more of a lure.

I didn't want to make the 911 R look bad, I was just talking from a monetary point of view. The GT3 Touring makes more sense as a daily driver or even weekend fun car, the 911 R is more of an investment. Personally, I couldn't care less because I would drive the hell out of both but if I had to pay a harsh premium for the 911 R, I'm not sure I would take it that lightly then with a possible value drop because of the miles I put on it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)