RC:

As long as there are people willing to pay these prices thought... Smiley

The trend of price inflation for "luxury goods" will continue as long as the number of wealthy people (global scale) is growing (which still is the case) and interest rates in Euroland stay at close to zero.

Though my "analysis" may be completely wrong and we are just getting older dreaming of the old pricetags we were used to Smiley My brain is calibrated around the 100k number for a standard Carrera (give and take for some options on top): the number fitted through the last decade of the last century as well as for the first decade of the new century (o.k. - just the currency changed) Smiley My 2007 997 GT3 with most of the whistles and bells showed a pricetag of around 125 k Smiley- basically the same as a 2018 991 Carrera T with some options. When I was screening the market for new and slightly used Carreras (GTS variants) last year I was shocked to see cars with pricetags close to 200k (I guess insecure buyers who just ticked each and every box not to miss something important Smiley ). Of course there is no point in complaining or whining - just let's talk ourselves into that it's progress and everything will be o.k. Smiley

--

Daily Driver 991 Carrera T (June 2018), Canyon Carver 981 Spyder, Track Machine 997 GT3