vantagesc:

RC, congrats on the Performante decision.  I may have missed this (having been absent from this forum for some time), but is it now more socially acceptable to have a bold car in your neighborhood or did you decide to just ignore the false assumptions other people might have been making?  I recall at one time you were too embarrassed to even go for PCCB on your 911s due to the yellow caliper color.  This was the last car I expected you to get!  I guess you prob wouldn't drive this car to work anyway, which helps.  

Thank you. Smiley

I just came to a point in life where I don't care (that much) anymore...especially after my wife convinced me that you life only once (we had a couple of breast cancer incidents in our circle of friends and my wife tries to see things a little bit differently...five years ago she was strongly opposed to getting an exotic car).

Also, the social "environment" in Germany right now isn't the same it was over 10 years ago, it has improved but I just hope we don't get another economic crisis. I also don't hope that the current environmental discussion in Germany doesn't escalate to a point, where people are pointing (again) with their fingers towards powerful cars/sportscars.

Furthermore, half of our neighborhood is now in my wife's care as a family doctor, so... Smiley

No kids from the direct neighborhood are in my son's school anymore and my daughter finished school, so this "problem" has gone away as well.

I will keep the car in my own garage though (the R8 is in a rented public garage), I don't want to take chances.

A little fun regarding Lamborghini: Today, I got a copy of my lease contract from Lamborghini Financial. It may be interesting to many here that Porsche Financial is actually behind this (I wrote this before). Actually, it says Lamborghini Financial on the letter head but Bentley Financial where the signatures are. Smiley Funny: The document says that I have to pay the down payment (if applicable) before I pick up the car at my local Porsche Center. Smiley I didn't know I have to pick up the car at my local Porsche center but if Lamborghini says so... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)