RC:
Gauss:

I have yet to watch a Shmee video in which he talks bad about a car. I haven't watched all of his content though 

All he explains can be found in a brochure or manual. There's hardly any constructive criticism. His reviews are quite shallow, that's my opinion at least. I have found that the same applies to almost all other car vloggers. If I watch them, which has become rarer, then the video is mainly muted and only to see the cars portrayed in different angles and colours. I fast forward whenever I see a face angry indecision

This is why car manufacturers love him. He gives the official sales brochures a well known face/voice. Smiley

Faces aren't that bad but 99% of the car reviewers refrain from negative points and/or even criticism because next time, no more car for them. Smiley Smiley

This is why I actually like YouTubers like Solomondrin: They may use foul language (who doesn't love the word f.ck in every second sentence he uses? Smiley) but at least, they seem to be honest about their opinions about a car. Who knew that the Senna needs to stay connected to the wall charger 24h per day when it isn't used? I didn't. 

Sport Auto is actually one of the rare magazines which still mentions a negative point or two during their reviews but manufacturers cannot really ignore them since they are an "institution" in the car world. I think Horst von Saurma actually got into trouble with some manufacturers because of his honesty and some started to question his abilities as a driver, so he was replaced by Christian Gebhardt. I don't know the full story behind this but there were rumors at that time that there was pressure from car manufacturers to replace him.

Honesty doesn't pay off in the car world...I've learned that too over the past decade(s). As long as you praise the products or stay neutral, everything is nice and peachy but one wrong word and you're out. 

I think I'll be on top of the list in getting banned by almost all car manufacturer, starting with VW Group (The Main Disaster) Smiley