sfo:

is the increased base price to pay for the now - it appears - standard dynamic steering, fancy dampers and RWS?

Yes, indeed and maybe a slightly higher gain margin as well. Smiley

I also heard that dealers will get much more cars than before, so they clearly expect this car to be a success and want to cash in on it. No doubt, it is a superb facelift (especially compared to the crappy R8 facelift) but 17k EUR more base price? Ouch. I did play around with some numbers (official prices aren't available yet, so I had to do some guessing) but the new Evo comes, with the same options and the big forged carbon package, very close to Performante price territory. This also probably means that the Performante successor, Super Trofeo or Squadra Corse or whatever the name will be, will be much more expensive. The current Performante base price is 232k EUR, so I guess the successor will start at 249k or so.

Just for comparison: The McLaren 720S has a base price of 247k EUR, the 488 Pista 259k (if you can get one Smiley) and the 600LT 230k EUR (German prices incl. 19% VAT).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)