Van-:

I don't know,, waiting to learn more on the EVO. RWS and new smarter awd system could make a big difference in the way it drives. Especially in the twisties at speeds below 100 mph.     Currently have the M5 Comp. and love the media screen, can't see why the upgrade in the EVO wouldn't be welcomed.     The perfomante's wing Would be of benefit at high speeds, but the improvements in the EVO's downforce and RWS might equal.   I would question supplied info regarding compared track times, as Lambo wouldn't want to let it out that the two were equal if so. 

I held off on the perf. to see if RWS was going to be added, got the M5 comp as interim

You got the M5 Competition as an interim solution for a Huracan Performante? Smiley I love my E63S but it isn't the slightest bit comparable to the Performante. Smiley 

RWS and the improvements surely improve track times but the Performante is still ahead on the track (word is 10 seconds on the Nordschleife, another source said 5-10 seconds, so there is definitely some "internal" information regarding this). Does it really matter though? The Performante is a special model (not special edition), the Evo "just" the facelift. Looking at resale value over the past years, I think there is a clear picture here which cars keep their value and which don't, at least here in Germany. If I were you, I'd wait at least for the "Performante" version of the Evo. It will come, this is for sure but probably not before 2020.

Also, be aware that Lamborghini is going to "flood" dealers with the new Evo. Cars will be available in very high production numbers, unlike the years before. New sales strategy. Smiley

Last but not least, I don't like that "duck tail". Can't get around it. The touch display isn't my thing either in such a car, sorry. Another thing is the exhaust sound: The new Evo has a particulate filter in Germany (not so sure about the US). People who heard the car say it is loud and sounds good but not as good as the Performante. The tone of the sound is deeper and it lacks that metallic crackling/etc. of the Performante. If there is one thing I love about the Performante, it is the exhaust sound. Epic. 

This doesn't mean the Evo is going to be a bad car, on the contrary. Lamborghini put a lot of effort in revising the Huracan, making it better in any way than it's predecessor. So you're getting yourself a fine Huracan, no doubt about it.

Oh wait, did I mention the price tag? 17k EUR more in Germany vs. the "old" model. Base price. With the same options and the big forged carbon package, the Evo is very close to the Performante price-wise. Actually, probably the same since in Germany, I got a decent discount for the Performante order but at the beginning, the discounts for the Evo will be very low.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)