Leawood911:

No need to bash the US all the time. These are upset parents and a shit of a lawyer who will take any case for publicity. It has no chance - at least not until cars are driverless.  Why blame the US for having a system which uses litigation to balance progress and safety.  It’s just a system like any other. Who is too say less litigation is better?   

it's no really bashing. It's more like pointing out the obvious that Americans don't see from inside the bubble.

Use common sense on litigation. Americans have a culture of senseless litigation and a never my fault mentality. They just need to man rip and owe up to what they have done instead of blaming others.

If a car is defective, then yes, litigation is warranted. That's it. Tesla really did nothing wrong. It's her and her son's fault 100%.

But lawsuits like someone suing Starbuck for serving hot coffee that's too hot? Seriously. 

Another one of my favourite is that someone suing Starbucks (again), that his ice drinks contains too much ice and not enough liquid Smiley

Then there is this woman who won $161k because she was looking down at her phone texting and walked into a ladder. Smiley

I could go on and on.

Also, those endless OK buttons for acknowledging waivers before one can drive away? All from the Americans. 

--