bluelines:

You could pick up a used RS6 and achieve more performance with ABT. This combination is growing on me, I spotted a few RS6 in Gstaad this weekend, the car has so much presence. But for now there is no need for a ship indecision

I was looking at a used RS6 Performance, there are tons of cars in Germany. However, even comparable cars (low mileage, Dynamic Plus package (very important!!!), similar options, have a price difference of up to 30k(!) EUR and more, which is quite weird. My dealer is on the higher side of the spectrum and he doesn't want to go down. He sold two(!) RS6 Performance in two weeks, so apparently there is a market for this car.

I test-drove the one he wants to sell me and it is an excellent product. The exhaust sound could be a bit louder though but this isn't a problem (there are aftermarket solutions...or just keeping the flaps open). It still sounds lightyears better than my former 991 Turbo S.

The performance improvements with the ABT tuning (705 hp) are not really substantial (merely one second from 0-200 kph and slightly over three seconds from 0-300 kph), the stock car with Dynamic Plus package already does 305 kph (ABT would raise it to 320 kph).

Wonderful car, very nice inside but my wife still hates it ("I will never drive this..." Smiley). Not really a problem (with the wife not driving it, she would drive in it though Smiley) but the dealer asks too much for this car and I really don't want to drive 500 km to get a decent price. Smiley

Also, I still like the R8 V10 Plus more... Smiley

We will see but for now, I'm done negotiating because I have better things to do than to exchange emails and arguments with a local Audi dealer. Smiley I've been there already four times, enough is enough.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)