dxpetrov:

I don't know, but lately it's quite symptomatic for all German manufacturers to lose there way! It's just too many unnecessary little details without any sense of function behind it! It's pure ornamentation, nothing else!

GIVE US BACK OUR BELOVED GERMAN TEUTONIC DESIGN LANGUAGE!

There are more than enough of Toyotas, Hondas, KIAs of this World!

I feel the same way as you do. However, it is also a bit of hit and miss. For example, I think that BMW lost it a bit, they haven't brought out a single car lately which appeals to me, and they seem to have quite a lot of interest in general... I haven't heard anybody getting excited about the want factor of a BMW. On the other hand is Mercedes, which has also changed its design language dramatically with a lot of -in me eyes- unnecessary design frills. They seem to have become VERY popular though in the segment where people care about spectacular looks&design. (not me).

I guess Porsche is somewhere in the middle, and they are facing a VERY tough crowd to be honest, as Porsche fans are almost as fanatic as Ferrari fans, but then much more critical; where Ferrari fans seem to praise everything that comes out of Maranello, Porsche fans are always critical first... (again, in my experience).

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys