schmoell:

That article shows a rather pessimistic and anti technological view, which of course does not mean that everything in ELV land is rosy.  But I think it's unfair to compare ICE technology, that evolved over 200 years, with something rather new. Remember that back in the days when ICE cars were invented, you had to buy the gas at a pharmacy; well, RC certainly would like that indecision

No, I wouldn't like that because the gain margin is ridiculously low. Smiley Smiley

I would love selling marihuana similar to the pot shops in the US, big money lies in the stupidity of others (with the exception of those needing it for real medical reasons) but unfortunately, in Germany, things go into a different direction when it comes to medical marihuana. Smiley

Back to topic: Fuel cell operated cars are more interesting than EVs because they are easier to fuel up. I still believe that in the end, EVs will make it since this tech is much simpler and once there is going to be a battery development "breakthrough", things will get even easier but until the general population will be "electrified" Smiley, it will take at least another decade or so and it requires serious incentives to do that. Not that simple because they cannot really easily raise fuel prices by raising taxes (look at what happened in France) and electricity isn't that cheap either in most parts of the world.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)